May 6, 2012

TRUE STORY OF "SI TANGGANG"

"Kisah Si Tanggang" is one of Malaysia's famous folk lure stories. It is a heart-wrenching story about an ungrateful son who abandoned and insulted his mother and family after he found fame and glory. Have a read at this children folk lure story here. Perhaps we could all gain some moral from the story. 

BUT this post is not going to talk about the folk lure story 'Si Tanggang', but about a real life one who live among us.

Watch this video of a mother, Che Tom Yahaya, who is calling for his son to repent and return to the fold of his family. 

Her son is none other then Azmin Ali, who is currently the Deputy President of Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).

Mother - Che Tom Yahaya

Son - Azmin Ali

Because of Azmin's political status, I am sure that many people would try to politicize this, but let's put politics aside on this one. In Islam, when our mother call for us  - it is a MUST to answer.




Translated quotes from the video:

"Last year's Syawal was the last time he came to my house. After that, he has not called or asked of my well-being and has not also come to see me..."

"... He told his children not to eat anything in that house (Che Tom's house) - it is all HARAM!!..."

"... Then his daughter, Ina, pulled a chair to sit, but he scolded her and said 'Ina, dont sit on that chair! It has not been purified (samak) yet. If you want to sit, it needs to be purified first!'. Then, he quickly grabbed the chair and shoved it to the side..."

"Azmin was very different before. He always remembers his parents and love his siblings. If he goes abroad, he will always bring something back for the family. But not now! Now, even when he hear that I am sick, he will ignore it"

"Where is the fairness (keadilan) that he is fighting for?? To other people, he seem to care so much; but to his own mother who gave birth to him... could could he do this to me?? This is what's breaking my heart"

"I feel very disappointed. If possible, Azmin, please repent and don't continue with this kind of behaviour. I never teach you to behave like this..."

"Leave that group (PKR)! Many of his friends has already repented and left that group. Hopefully he will do the same..."

"If he doesn't even want to see me while I am alive, then he doesn't have to come looking for me when I am dead - no point"


Let us pray that Che Tom's son gets to watch this video and hear her cries... and (hopefully) he would return to his family soon.


*** UPDATE : THE SON RESPONDED - CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment