October 13, 2013

CAMPAIGN TO SMEAR AND DISCREDIT ISLAM


Chain Email

I have always regarded chain emails as rubbish and I would always delete without even reading them. But this particular email got my attention and I started reading it. It was forwarded to by a friend, David. And the chain email originated from this person named John Harrison MBE. MIDSc.

Click image to enlarge


***********

A friend, Saleh, responded first to the email - To read Saleh's respond, click HERE.

I then added my own view to what Saleh have pointed out and here is what I wrote:

Hi David, 

The article you shared is really part of a campaign to smear and discredit Islam.



I am sure that John Harrison is an educated person based on the titles attached to his name - MBE. MIDSc. Yet his article severely lacks academic values. There are several obvious ambiguities that I would like to point out. 

May Allah give us guidance!


Firstly, what is the name of that Imam? Ask any academician - on an academic platform, the source of information is more important than the information itself. It does not matter how good or how convincing the information we may have, but if it comes from an unknown or unreliable source, we are NOT to accept it as facts. Being an MBE himself, John should already know this. But yet he chooses to tell a story without quoting the source clearly. 

Why is the name of that Imam important? Because as Saleh have pointed out correctly, the Imam's answer CONTRADICTS with the true teachings of Islam. If the Imam really said like what John mentioned, then I for one, would like to seek the Imam's clarification. Unlike John, Saleh backs his justifications with clear source of information - verses from the Quran. Now, I am not asking everyone to suddenly have faith in the versus of the Quran (I leave that with Allah - May Allah give us guidance), I am just pointing out the importance of having clear source of information to support whatever opinion we have. 

In other words - if we don't be believe Saleh, we can still verify his argument by referring to the Quran, the pure and unchanged words since its revelation more than 1400 years ago. 

But if we don't believe John, who or where can we verify his story with?



Secondly, John said that the Imam have confirmed that Muslims are going around killing all non-believers as they have been simply commanded by the religion. 

Let's think about this a little.... 

Based on John's own story, the Imam was sitting on the same stage with a Roman Catholic and a Protestant. I am assuming (again, John failed to mention the names of the speakers for us to verify who they are) that these must be well-respected preachers of the Christian faith to be invited as speakers. So logically, IF Muslims are indeed commanded to kill the non-believers simply on the fact that they are non-believers, don't you think that the Imam would have gained a much-much bigger reward if he kill the 2 Christian preachers who were sitting just a few feet away from him?  But yet, the three speakers can sit in harmony on the SAME STAGE and speak comfortably about their faith without fear. 

How is that possible? 

Thirdly, John asked the Imam, and I quote "would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because he will take me to heaven and he wants you to be there with me?". 

I feel that this is a very sinister question because he puts it as if Allah and Jesus are on opposing sides, which is ABSOLUTELY untrue for both faiths - for Muslims and Christian.

"YOUR Allah"?? Don't Christians believe in Allah too?
"MY Jesus"?? Don't Muslims believe in Jesus too? 

Muslims believe in Allah - the one and only god! And Jesus (Prophet Isa) is His messenger and not as a son of god. While Christians believe in Allah too and that Jesus as the son of god. 

My point is - In both faith, Allah and Jesus are on the same side and we should never portray this any other way.

And just to add - Does Muslims rejects or hates Jesus? Absolutely not! Jesus is one of the greatest messenger of Allah ever sent. Jesus' name is mentioned many times in the Quran glorifying him as a great messenger of Allah. There is even a specific chapter in the Quran dedicated to Jesus's mother, Mary - Surah Maryam. And there is another specific chapter in the Quran dedicated to Jesus's grandfather, Imran the holy man.

Islam is really a religion of peace and I really hope that John and others would stop smearing Islam like he did in this article. 



I am sure that he can quote a few names of Muslims leaders who have killed people in the name of Islam. And I in turn, can also quote names of Christians leaders who have slaughtered others in the name of the religion as well. 

But trust me, if we REALLY want to know about a religion - don't look at the people, but look (study) the scriptures of that religion because that is where the true teaching lies. For Islam, we have the Quran and the authenticated Hadith. 

Search for the truth and thank you for reading my respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment